My name is Enzo Biscotti and I went to the Bridge on 2/22/22 at 9:22 am. My successor is named Shado

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Dog And Butterfly


                 The New Guy
I have been watching my parents from the cloud with the hole and the house was so quiet. The only sounds are those of human habitation and the mundane noises of everyday routines. The rattle of pots and pans, the hum of the refrigerator and the sound of the television as the talking heads discussed the days news events. Missing was the clicking sound of doggy toenails down the hallway and in the kitchen. An occasional happy bark and the sound of an enthusiastic tail wag. My parents were doing alright but there was something missing in their life and that missing piece was a dog. 

My parents are seniors now and dogs as large as me are becoming to strong for them to handle. So I set my sights on finding them a little lap dog that could be tiny enough to sit in moms lap while she is knitting but tough enough to play with dad. Well I called all my angel friends together and told them I was worried about my parents because they looked lonely. I told them they needed a dog. A small dog to keep them company. Tango was the first to speak and suggested that I start my search in my own town in the mountains. Aran nodded in agreement because of her street smarts she often snuck over to the human side of the bridge to hear which people are going to be arriving soon and if they had a pet that would be left behind. Aran in her soft voice told Lucky about a dog that she knew of that needed a home on the mountain. Lucky smiled and stood up straight and proud as he revealed to the others about a tiny little minature Dachshund named Shadow whose owner was scheduled to arrive in heaven shortly. Enzo rubbed his whiskers and thought for a minute or so and finally said yes! I will fly down tomorrow and check this little guy out and hopefully get this doggy to my parents. 


         A Gift From The Bridge
The next day Enzo arrived in the mortal world disguised as a golden butterfly and introduced himself to Shadow. Shadow watched intently as Enzo flitted around his head and gently landed on the little dog's paw. Shadow said in a little dog voice hello butterfly. Enzo replied hello back. At that Shadow was startled that a butterfly knew how to speak dog?!  How do you know my language asked Shadow? Because I am a dog, a big golden retriever named Enzo. I live in the mountain section at the Rainbow Bridge. Are you an angel dog asked Shadow? Yes I am but I wanted to visit you as a butterfly since you are so little and I am so big that I didn't want to scare you. The reason for my visit is I know you will be needing a home soon and I think I have a perfect place for you to live. They love dogs and will take such good care of you. You will be fed twice a day and have unlimited treats, walks and cuddles!  Shadow softly asked Enzo who are my new parents and how will they know how to find me?  Enzo fluttered off Shadow's paw and landed on his nose. Enzo sat on Shadow's nose for a minute and then said gently to the little dog. Shadow, look at your collar where your tags are and you will find a sterling silver butterfly.  My parents will find you when they see the butterfly and you will know that I am your new guardian angel watching over you now and always. Shadow watched as the beautiful golden butterfly disappeared into the heavens. He let out a little bark to say goodbye to his new friend when he heard a new sound jingling on his tags. When he looked down he saw a tiny silver butterfly attached to his collar. Suddenly Shadow smiled and sighed a sigh of contentment because he knew that he had the perfect forever home. 

5 comments:

  1. Love it, we are are unable to sign onto our Google Account to make a comment. Lady & Blaze and angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Enzo, mommy is so happy you found a pup! And she approves of a dachshund!! Her first dog was a dachshund!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were so happy for all of you. Good job enzo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. Enzo you are so wonderful and you never cease to amaze me. From Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Oh Holy Night

          Advent At The Bridge The Bridge was buzzing with activity during advent. Animals of all kinds were busy making Christm...